How can we live lightly on the Earth and save money at the same time? Climate change is in the news. It seems like everyone’s “going green.” We’re glad you want to take action, too. Luckily, many of the steps we can take to stop climate change can make our lives better. Our grandchildren-and their children-will thank us for living more sustainably. Let’s start now.
- Save energy to save money.
- Set your thermostat a few degrees lower in the winter and a few degrees higher in the summer to save on heating and cooling costs.
- Unplug appliances when you’re not using them. Or, use a “smart” power strip that senses when appliances are off and cuts “phantom” or “vampire” energy use.
- Wash clothes in cold water whenever possible. As much as 85 percent of the energy used to machine-wash clothes goes to heating the water.
- Use a drying rack or clothesline to save the energy otherwise used during machine drying. If you must use a dryer, consider adding dryer balls to cut drying time.
- Install compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs) when your older incandescent bulbs burn out.
Tip of the Month:
If every American home replaced just one light bulb with an ENERGY STAR qualified bulb, we would save enough energy to light more than 3 million homes for a year, more than $600 million in annual energy costs, and prevent greenhouse gases equivalent to the emissions of more than 800,000 cars
- Keep electronics out of the trash.
- Keep your cell phones, computers, and other electronics as long as possible.
- Donate or recycle them responsibly when the time comes. E-waste contains mercury and other toxins and is a growing environmental problem.
- Recycle your cell phone.
- Ask your local government to set up an electronics recycling and hazardous waste collection event.
What can Solar Energy do for me?
While lowering your energy bill, you are also drastically reducing your dependency on fossil fuels and foreign oil. This type of investment not only adds value to your home or place of business, but reduces your carbon footprint on the environment. Whether you want to simply reduce your energy consumption or totally eliminate your electric bill, Advanced Solar Solutions, Inc. has a system to satisfy your need, Imagine…by simply installing your own solar energy system you inadvertently create a positive impact to our environment by significantly reducing pollution, consumption of dangerous fossil fuels and foregoing your dependency on foreign oil. Not only does renewable energy make a significant difference to our Earth and economy, but most importantly it allows you to keep more of your money, builds energy credits and provides tax incentives.
SAVE UP TO 25% ON YOUR MONTHLY ELECTRIC BILLS!
The Power-Save 1200™ for Residential Applications.
The Power-Save 1200™ is a small gray box that fits neatly next to your breaker panel, saves you money year after year and protects the entire home.
The Power-Save 1200™ was designed with the homeowner in mind, providing lower energy bills, increased motor and appliance life, for all of the equipment inside of your house.
Residential customers throughout North America could see a realized savings of 8% – 10% typically and as much as 25% on their electrical usage (and thus power bills). The Power-Save 1200™ is UL Certified as the Cat. No. ABET 2201 and CSA certified.
Power Suppliers also benefit by being able to supply power to more customers without the generation or acquisition of additional power.
Click Here to get your savings of 8% to 25% today.
Caddell Electric is your #1 source for energy efficient electrical services. If you are looking for an electrician in Dallas, electricians in McKinney, electricians in Denton or an electrician anywhere across the DFW Metroplex then contact us today at (214) 329-4567 to learn how we can help with your electrical services or complete our online request form.